Make your donation go even further with gift aid – without costing a penny.
Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways to give to a charity. Gift Aid is tax relief on money donated to charities. UK charities are entitled to reclaim tax from the Inland Revenue on every £1 donated by UK taxpayers. This means The Fruitmarket Gallery can reclaim 25p in every £1.
For example, if you gave the Fruitmarket Gallery a £10 donation, we are able to claim an extra 25% meaning your gift is actually worth £12.50.
In order for us to reclaim, we need you to sign a Gift Aid declaration form to ensure we have all the relevant information required. This form can either cover a single donation, a series of donations, a specified period or to cover all future donations, found here
By signing a Gift Aid declaration form, you are agreeing that:
- you have or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities that you have donated to will reclaim on gifts for the current tax year
- you understand that if you pay less Income Tax and / or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that year it is your responsibility to pay any difference
- you understand that other taxes, such as VAT and Council Tax, do not qualify
- you understand that the charity will reclaim 25p of tax for every £1 donated
- If you are not a UK tax payer, you may still make a donation but it will not attract the 25% tax bonus.
If you pay higher rate tax, you can claim the difference between the higher rate of tax 40 and/or 45 per cent and the basic rate of tax 20 per cent on the total ‘gross’ value of your donation to the charity or CASC.
Talk to Us
If you would like to find out more about how you can increase the value of your donation to The Fruitmarket Gallery, please don’t hesitate to contact our Development Team P 0131 226 8185 / 8192 E development@fruitmarket/co.uk