Wed 12 Sept, doors 7.30pm, starts at 8pm. £10/6 conc. Book now
The Night With… James Turnbull music for oboe, cor anglais and electronics.
James plays three sets of works ranging from Telemann to a world premiere by Peter Gregson, as well as Maxwell Davies, a work based on whale song by Emily Doolittle and Berio’s Oboe Sequenza.
– Telemann Fantasia in A minor
– Berio – Sequenza
– John Casken – Amethyst Deceiver
– Tansy Davies – Forgotten Game
– Emily Doolittle – Social Sounds for Whales at Night
– Sir Peter Maxwell Davies – First Grace of Light
– Ross Edward – Ulpirra
– Henri Tomasi – Evocations
– Peter Gregson – Three Questions (wp)
– Melinda Maxwell – Pibroch
The Night With… is a series of salon style concerts presenting classical and new music in an informal environment with performances by top musicians from Scotland and further afield. Programmed by composer Matthew Whiteside thenightwith.co.uk